Magic Flight Launch Box Portable Vaporizer Review
Magic Flight Launch Box Vaporizer Review
May 7th, 2010
Staff Review -- VapeNow.com
Good things come in small packages, right? One thing is for certain, the Magic Flight Launch Box Herbal Vaporizer is definitely small. I think it may even be the smallest portable vaporizer available. However, despite the small size, us ďVaporistsĒ want to know what really matters: DOES IT WORK? The answer is a resounding YES! Read on and Iíll explainÖ
Pros and Cons
- VERY small and portable
- Heats up quickly
- Uses one AA battery
- Comes with 2 rechargeable AA batteries and charger
- No plastic parts, glass and wood construction
- Simple to use / Easy to load
- Nice accessories included
- No temperature indicator
- Heats up FAST and can burn instead of vaporize
- Requires some practice to get accurate vaporization
- Not as efficient as home models
THE BOTTOM LINE: As with most of the sub $100 vaporizers, I donít expect much. I guess Iíve been spoiled with using the best vaporizers out there. The flip side is that once in a while, Iím pleasantly surprised. This is one of those times. The Magic Flight is a really great little portable vaporizer, when you learn how to use it properly. To use it, you open the sliding plexi-glass door on top of the wooden box, load your tobacco or herbs onto the screen, shut the glass lid and insert the included glass straw into the wooden box. When youíre ready, insert the AA battery into the wooden box and begin inhaling. Hereís the tricky part. This thing heats up IMMEDIATELY so you only want to leave the battery in there until the count of 4 (or so) and then pull it out but continue to inhale. You really have to pay attention and get the feel for it. I found the first couple of times I used it, my tobacco was BLACK and smelled like I had burned it. After a few more tries though, you start to understand the technique involved and it gets much easier to use. It only heats up when you insert the battery so knowing when to insert and remove the battery is essential. You can only learn this through trial and error. However, once you get the hang of it, IT ROCKS! It comes with a very nice carrying bag, short and long glass straws, the afore-mentioned batteries with charger and a little cleaning brush. If youíre looking for an inexpensive vaporizer to carry around with you, I would absolutely recommend this little unit for its simplicity and size.
- Base /Wood Box:
The hot air is created by 2 long, thin copper pieces that run down the side of the mesh screen. When you insert a AA battery, it touches those copper pieces and heats them up. The plexiglass top slides open with ease so you can load or unload your tobacco or herbs. This top also allows you to monitor the condition of your tobacco or herbs, such as to see if they are brown or black. The hole for the battery is at the opposite end of the hole for the glass straw. Inserting and removing the battery is as easy as putting a battery in a hole!
Dimensions: The Magic Flight Launch Box is approximately 2.5 x 1.25 x .9
Quick start Ė
- Slide open the plexiglass top
- Load your ground tobacco or herbs on the screen
- Slide the top closed.
- Insert your glass straw into the straw hole.
- Insert your fully charged AA battery into the battery hole.
- Begin inhaling.
Cleaning the Magic Flight Launch Box is not really necessary. If you must clean the screen, use a maximum of 5 drops of rubbing alcohol and the provided brush. The glass mouthpiece can also be cleaned with isopropyl alcohol. DO NOT try to wash the Magic Flight or get it wet.
- BE CAREFUL! The copper tubes underneath the screen will be hot after use.
- DONíT GET FRUSTRATED! Finding the right temperature / breath combination for the Magic Flight is very important. The first few times you try it, you may burn your tobacco or herbs black. EXPECT IT. However, donít give up. Experiment. Start by inhaling very slowly with deep breaths and only leaving the battery connected for a couple of seconds. Did you see vapor or smoke? The vapor should disappear quickly. If it lingers and looks smokey, then you need to use the battery less. Remember there is a relationship between inhale speed,† temperature and how long you keep the battery in there.
- Grind your tobacco or herbs finely